Friday, June 26, 2009

Slip Cover

So I have spent the greater part of the last week working on making a custom slip cover for the small loveseat in my family room. After making my own pattern, creating a skirt that pleats on the ends and making 20 yrds. of piping for the skirt and seat cushions I must admit I am pretty happy with the result. The fit is great and no more tucking! Kjisten helped me finish makinga few pillows to coordinate and enjoyed her first sewing lesson. So we took a picture. All and all not a bad remake of a $50 Goodwill find. Now believe it or not I think I am ready to tackle the other one, although I might wait a week and paint a few things in the meantime. I am a sucker for projects!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

R. L. said...

Looks real good and the color is great! If you need a few more projects, come and see us. We have quite a few piled up. Thanks for the pics.