Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How to Make a Cake

For a fun summer time break for me I have been taking Cake decorating classes. I had a great friend in Charlottesville who introduced me to the idea and I have had a lot of fun experimenting with the kids birthday cakes over the past few years so I decided to get a few more skills and actually learn the techniques.

I have really enjoyed it. It is really a great opportunity to do something just because you have always wanted to learn how. I owe a lot to my husband who supports me in all my indeavers without complaint and watches the kids in the evening.

This picture is of my Grand Finale cake for Course 1, I start Course 2 next week. I have been taking Wilton classes at Michael's with a friend and have loved that the cost has been 1/2 off during the summer. I am hoping to use the 4th of July as another excuse to practice and am bringing a flag cake to our neighbors BBQ.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

R. L. said...

Looks great! Now we just have to figure out how to get them here so we can help you eat them. Whoops! Maybe they are just the look at kind. Anyway, you did a great job. Thanks for the pic.