Monday, October 18, 2010

Last Project

Our downstairs bathroom is my last official project. It was the last room to be painted and the last to look like I want. I know what they say about painting your last room and moving but I hope to not have to do anything for quite a while. We still need to replace some carpet but I am letting someone else do that. Anyway, here are the before and afters of the bathroom. It is a tiny little room so it is hard to really appreciate the change but you get the idea.

This is the before. I know it doesn't look that bad in the picture but it was very outdated and very smushy. The floor finish on the old vinyl was completely worn off.
This is the under construction picture. We tore out the vanity. To replace it with a pedestal sink.
Finally done. The finished product. Has faux finished walls. A new pedestal sink. New mirror repurposed from another room in the house and a new light fixture that I scored for a great deal on clearance from Lowe's. We really like it. I just wish the pictures did it justice.

Better pic. of the new flooring. We also replaced the baseboards.

1 comment:

R. L. said...

Looks great. You guys are really whizzes at making improvements. Keep up the good work.