Monday, March 3, 2008

Taking A Break

After three weeks of sanding, priming, painting, and basically making our house a wreak we decided to take a break. The kids really needed a chance to unwind and get out of our chaotic house. We asked them what they wanted to do and they said movie (well there was nothing playing) or museum or park. It was only 56 degrees so we decided on museum at the park. Maymont Park is absolutely one of our favorite places in Richmond. It is all free and there are so many paved trails and beautiful gardens. The kids love to go to the children's farm and pet goats, sheep, and bunnies. My favorite is probably the ever changing Italian Garden it reminds me of so many of the period movies I love to watch on Masterpiece Theatre. (Now you know my secret). Someday when I have a kidless moment I can imagine that a nice bench there would be the perfect place to spend the afternoon reading. If you are ever this way. It is worth the stop. Next weekend it is back to the grindstone.

2 comments:

malinda said...

sounds beautiful, I would love to go. I wish we had something like that in Utah. Good luck with all the remodeling. That's no fun.

Natalie said...

glad it is all coming together! and its nice to have break. that park is beautiful and that sounds just like you- reading a book on the benches there. ahhh